Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Enjoying the Journey: The True Secret to a Toned and Healthy Body that Lasts!


Let me start things off by stating what I have observed to be true with myself, my clients, and die-hard gym-goers:


Losing weight is Simple!

but this doesn't mean that it can't be a very difficult process. When I talk to individuals about losing weight, the number one reason people give me as to why they fail is:

"I love food too much to eat healthy"

Well, I guess that means that because I stick to healthy foods most of the time, that I must hate food. WRONG!  I love it!  And yes, I have a soft spot in my heart for greasy hamburgers and fries just like the rest of you health seekers.

As long as you continue to associate eating healthy with bland, tasteless dribble, you will have a hard time changing for the long term.  So what can you do?

Make your healthy food taste good, REALLY good!
If you are not enjoying the food that you are eating, you are already at a severe disadvantage.  We can all be disciplined for a period of time, but what about when you have those moments of weakness, when you just want some food to satisfy the soul? It is during those moments that you can derail your healthy mindset, so you really need to be able to work with this to ensure it does not get the best of you. 
If you know how to prepare healthy food that tastes amazing, you will have a much easier time warding off junk food cravings, and you might even learn to crave certain health foods instead.

This blog will serve many purposes, from sharing the recipes of myself and others, to discussing all things fitness related.  I invite you to join me and my team, as we explore these topics in detail, and have fun along the way.

Stay tuned for upcoming content, when we really get into the thick of it.  Until then, Enjoy life and get creative with your cooking!

-Matt


No comments:

Post a Comment